Best prepared in soups and viand recipes calling for some mild-tasting green leafy veggies, moringa is among the most commonly used leafy veggies in Asian cuisine. Beyond edibility, however, moringa is actually considered as a “miracle tree.” But what sets it apart from other trees, besides being multipurpose, is its multitude of nutrients, all of which are said to benefit health in many different ways.
The moringa leaves alone has been confirmed to possessmany wondrous health benefits. All in all, it is packed with 90 nutrients and 46 types of antioxidants. Hence, with so many nutritive qualities to boast of, the moringa could easily be hailed as the most nutritious vegetable in the world. Let's us get to know the moringa a little better by going over five of its health-boosting benefits:
- It is a rich source of Vitamins A and C.
- It is said to be a better source of calcium than milk.
- It contains seven times the amount of calcium bananas possess.
- It is an all-natural metabolism stimulator.
- Its nutritive power capacitates it to help shield the kidneys and liver against diseases.
- Made into a paste, it also works to beautify the skin.
Written By: Maris Modesto